The Power to Know
How is my bill calculated?
- Kwh x current rate + fixed customer charge ($23.40) = monthly electric charge
- Electric rate varies monthly. Click here to see the current rate.
- Billing cycles are usually between 29 and 32 days.
- Subtracting your previous reading from your current reading will tell you how many kilowatt hours you’ve used.
Weather is the main reason for usage changes
- Temperature is the number one factor affecting energy use in our region.
- Though your thermostat settings may not change, outside temperatures will. This is what affects engery usage of your heating and cooling systems.
- Example: If it is 25 degrees outside and you have your thermostat set to 75, that is a 50 degree difference. It is this difference in temperature that needs to be considered.
< Back to Save Money & Energy