Internet trouble could be caused by your router which could be fixed by a simple reset. CDE Lightband has some helpful tips on what to do if you’re having trouble with your internet connection
Restart your computer
The first thing to try is restarting your computer.
- A simple restart will clear out bad settings that could be causing your connectivity issues and it only takes a minute.
- If that doesn’t help, move on to the following:
Restart your internet modem and router
- Unplugging your modem and your router can solve the bulk of minor internet issues.
CDE Lightband suggests using the following method:
- Unplug your router’s power connection followed by the network cable.
- After 10-15 seconds, plug the wires back in reverse order.
- It may take a few minutes to load up.
- Once you see all the normal status light, test your internet again.
- If after several minutes the internet light is red or amber, move to next steps.
- If no light shows at all, check the power source for your router.
- Make sure that the ethernet cable is securely plugged into the “Wan” or “Internet” port on your router.
- If you’re using a CDE router, make sure that the ethernet cable is plugged into GE4 on your router.
- If your router’s power cable is plugged into a surge protector, make sure the surge protector is turned on.
- If you’re using a switch, make sure that it’s plugged into a router and not directly into the port in your wall.
Verify router configuration
- Make sure that your router is set-up properly and that it has not been factory reset.
- In some cases, it may be necessary to factory reset your router and reconfigure it from its default setting.
- A default router set-up guide can be found here: Default Router Setup
- Internet equipment requirements can be found here: Internet Equipment Requirements.
CDE Lightband offers a 100% Fiber Optic Network that provides you with the fastest and most reliable network. Starting at 250 Mbps all the way to a full 1 Gig of internet – we have all the bandwidth you will ever need.
For more information and recommendations, contact CDE Lightband Technical Support today at (931) 648-8151 or click here.