CDE Lightband has some tips for using parental controls to help give your child a safe space while using the internet
What are parental controls?
Parental controls are the names of a group of settings that put you in control of what your child can see and not see.
- 9 out of 10 parents of children ages 5-15 say that parental controls are useful.
- 65% of young children aged 11-16 are in favor of these controls.
- 15% of teens say that parental controls should be lifted once they’re 18.
Talk to your child about parental controls
- Parental controls and restrictions are useful tools but are also not 100% effective.
- Always encourage your child to talk to you about anything they find upsetting or inappropriate online.
- Cyberbullying is bullying that happens online through social, gaming, or instant messaging platforms.
- Talk to your child about cyberbullying and learn the tips and tools available if they do encounter bullies.
- As your child becomes more independent online, they may come across sites that are inappropriate for their age.
- Use filters to block explicit content.
- Having conversations can equip them to deal with this.
- There are plenty of resources available to help parents and guardians.
CDE Lightband Smart Wi-Fi powered by Plume
- With Smartband, you get complete smart home control.
- Set age-appropriate content filters that block or approve specific websites.
- Manage your child’s device schedule.
- And even set an instant time out for any device assigned to a specific user or schedule an internet freeze by day of the week or time of day.
CDE Lightband offers a 100% Fiber Optic Network that provides you with the fastest and most reliable network. Starting at 250 Mbps all the way to a full 1 Gig of internet – we have all the bandwidth you will ever need.
For more information and recommendations, contact CDE Lightband technical support today, call or text (931) 648-8151.